What edition of FIFA 18 should I buy?! Helping YOU choose.
FIFA 18 pre-orders were recently announced and there’s 3 different editions.
It’s fair to say EA have tailored the FIFA 18 editions & Pre-orders towards the most popular game mode. FIFA Ultimate Team. I already know what version I’ll be buying however you may not. Once you’ve finished this article, you’ll know what version to buy!
Standard ($59.99), Ronaldo ($79.99) & Icon ($99.99)
As you may have already noticed, there’s only 1 bonus for non Ultimate Team players. Long story short, unless you have the 26th-29th of September off it’s not worth you picking it up if you don’t play FUT.
Pre-order Bonuses Explained:
- Jumbo Premium Gold Pack (15k Pack) – Standard edition will give you 1 pack per week for 5 weeks. Ronaldo edition gives you 1 pack per week for 20 weeks and finally the Icon edition gives you 2 packs per week for 20 weeks. These are tradeable, so if you pull something good you will be able to sell. From past experience, these packs are poor.
- Cristiano Ronaldo Loan – Every version comes with a 5 Match loan Cristiano Ronaldo. This once again, is not a big deal. Although it is nice to have on the bench.
- 8 Special Edition FUT Kits – Designed by soundtrack artists, these kits are available as a pre-order bonus however they were later released in the EASFC catalogue in FIFA 17.
- 3 Days Early Access (Ronaldo & Icon Edition) – This for me has to be the biggest selling point. Especially for FUT players. If you have the 26th-29th of September free and can spend it playing games with coin boosts and opening up packs with FIFA points then it is a must have. It’s crazy how much of an advantage you’ll get and it puts you in a great position for Investing. I wouldn’t be buying a special edition if it wasn’t for this bonus
- TOTW Loan Player Packs (Icon Edition Only) – 1x 3 match TOTW Loan player per week for 20 weeks. While this can be decent, if you were to pull a loan Inform you wanted to trial before buying however it’s only 3 matches. A nice addition but once again, doesn’t offer too much.
- Ronaldo Nazario Loan (Icon Edition Only) – 5 Match loan of Brazilian Ronaldo Icon card. As he’s a new Icon (Legend) he’ll cost a lot on the market. It’s a great opportunity to trial Fat Ronaldo without having to pay.
The Icon Edition is digital only however…
You are able to get it 10% cheaper when buying from the FIFA 17 In-game menu. If you have an EA Access subscription you’ll be able to get a further 10% discount. You’ll be able to get the Icon Edition for $80 (With EA Access & Pre-ordering in-game) or for $90 through just pre-ordering in-game.
Perhaps I’m guilty of falling for EA’s marketing however as someone that will utilise the 3 day early access, spending $10 more to get the Icon edition (with $60 more worth of packs, an Icon Ronaldo Loan and TOTW loan packs) makes sense to me.